Friday, August 12, 2016

The Long & Short of It

For a period of years in middle school, I cried every time I made a significant (to me at the time) change to my hair.  It was always really embarrassing.  I'd want to change my look, and then I'd end up hating it.  That kind of put me off of major haircut changes, even though it has been years and years since I last cried after a haircut.  The last few times I've had my hair cut I've been drawn to this... but I kept chickening out.
 

It was a dumb anxiety.  It's just hair.  I don't do much with my hair, so what's the big deal.
 

And my feeling is... neutral.  It's hair.  I like that it's versatile and takes less time to style.  There have been a few moments when I've felt insecure, but I think that has more to do with my perceptions of societal ideas femininity or attractiveness than with what I really think.  I think I look fierce.
 

I went with a Dorothy-inspired outfit and took my new hair to see Todrick Hall's Straight Outta Oz in Atlanta.  It was phenomenal.  You should buy his album.  Watch his YouTube videos.  He's amazing.
 

Dress, Modcloth; shirt, Rafaella, thrifted; shoes, American Eagle, Payless; necklace and earrings, handmade by me.

1 comment:

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.