Here's what came in my July Birchbox:
- Jouer Daily Clarifying Treatment Oil: The instructions that came with the Jouer Daily Clarifying Treatment Oil claim that it will hydrate, even, and clarify skin. I've only used it once, so I can't speak to long-term use, but it did go on smoothly and didn't make my skin greasy (as you can see below).
- SuperGoop Daily Correct CC Cream: Check out the itty bitty sample below. It may not be the smallest sample- the Jouer oil has a smaller volume- but it probably contains fewer uses than any other non-single-use product I've received. Sample size aside, it is just an ok CC cream. After the luxurious texture, and high wearibility of last month's Marcelle BB Creme, the SuperGoop just doesn't stand up. It's not worse than a comparable Almay or E.L.F. product, but it's not better either.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick: I'm mad for red lipstick. I have a dozen similar long-wearing products. That being said, I'm not completely behind the idea of matte lipstick. The color is great- it's intense and vibrant- but matte lipstick seems to be pretty unforgiving. Any little mistake really shows, and the texture is quite dry. I will probably use this lipstick, but I would like it better with a more satin finish.
- Amika Un.Done Texture Spray: I wasn't sure what to make of texture spray... What does it do? How to I use it? News flash: it's hairspray. It's nice hairspray. It smells nice, and enhanced volume without my hair being crunchy, but it's hairspray.
- Key West Aloe Save a Tan: I don't have much of a tan right now. I have spent too much time this summer working on the house, and not enough time lounging poolside. I can't attest to whether it will really help maintain a tan, but it is a nice summer lotion. It is 80 percent aloe, but it absorbs into skin much more easily than a pure aloe product. It also smells lovely- light and fresh and not too much for summer.
July is another successful Birchbox. I'm happy with the Jouer Daily Clarifying Treatment Oil, surprised by the Amika Un.Done Texture Spray, and satisfied with the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. There will be samples to keep and samples to share, and I'll have even more to enjoy next month.