The theme of the June ipsy GlamBag is "Swim Into Beauty," and it is perfectly tailored for a summer look. The Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer keeps your makeup in place in the heat, the tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon and OFRA Cosmetics Turquoise Eyeliner work together to create a smokey but summery eye look, the Formula X Power Source Nail Color is an electric pink coral that is perfect for the beach or pool, and the Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Body Butter in Pure Vanilla has a subtle, tropical scent.
- Makeup bag: The bag was nice enough. It is black neoprene with a neon coral zipper. I forgot to take a picture of mine, but it looks like this.
- Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer: I was excited to try this because it is a product I've actually heard of. I don't use a primer, but after trying this I think I will start. It went on easily and made my face incredibly smooth. My foundation was easier to apply and felt better than it ever has before. I used my normal Almay Smart Shade Makeup**, and I skipped the blush. My foundation stayed put all day, even though I took a walk in the 90+ degree sunshine at lunch.
|I fail at product display. The Primer is facing|
the wrong way.
|I got this one facing the right way, but|
it is casting a weird shadow on my face.
- tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon in Kona Coffee: I really like stick-based makeup. It's easy to use and tends to wear well. The shadow crayon went on with a smooth, bold line, and easily smudged into a lighter color that stayed put all day.
|Step 1: Dark lines|
|Step 2: Smudgy eyes|
- OFRA Cosmetics Turquoise Eyeliner: I usually use liquid liner because it go on in a smoother, more definite line, but this eyeliner pencil was nearly as smooth. The color is perfect to accent my eyes. I read a number of reviews from people who didn't like the color, but for blue eyes it is perfect.
|The OFRA Cosmetics Turquoise Eyeliner|
- Formula X Power Source Nail Color: The color is vibrant and summery, and it stayed on in spite spending last weekend doing home improvement. Where my nails look a little chipped, they are actually covered in oat bran colored latex paint.
|Power source nails|
|I don't have anything to show you here except |
- Lavanila Laboratories The Healthy Body Butter in Pure Vanilla: I don't use much lotion, and what I do use is mostly unscented. I probably wouldn't buy this lotion, but I liked it a lot better than I like a lot of scented products. The vanilla scent was subtle and mature. It didn't smell like cupcakes or cookies. The texture was rich but not greasy.
I finished with a coat of CoverGirl Lashblast Mascara. I've used more expensive mascaras than this one, but I keep going back to Lashblast because it gives dramatic length and fullness without clumping.
|I'm happy with this look, but holy crap do I need|
*This post contains referral links. If you sign up for Birchbox or ipsy through the links I may receive points towards future purchases. This is not a sponsored post.
**This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase through those links, I will receive a small commission.