Thursday, March 22, 2012

Birds of a Feather

I am so fortunate to have encountered many wonderful, creative, intelligent women over the course of my life.  Some of them are related by blood, some by marriage and some through the bonds of friendship.  Some have drifted in and out of my life over the years, and that's ok.  Some will be in my life and heart forever.  I am grateful for all my friends, family and spirit sisters.
 

Tonight I am having dinner with one of my newer friends.  I met her soon after moving to Georgia.  Chenille is the whole package: clever, crafty and kind.  To celebrate our meeting of minds, I styled a swallow-themed outfit.  Swallows are my favorite bird because Cozumel is from the Mayan for "land of swallows," and I got married in Cozumel!  I know I've said that here before, but it makes me happy.
 

For whatever reason I actually feel like listing my sources for clothes this morning.  Dress, Coldwater Creek, thrifted; tank, thrifted; shoes, Montego Bay Club, Payless Shoes; earrings, Roth Jewelers; necklace, ebay; belt, gifted (thanks, Mom!).


You may notice that my hair has been styled like this all week.  For some reason I've been in a night showering mood, and I am too lazy to really style my hair after sleeping on it wet.  Bobby pins to the rescue!
Thai food for dinner tonight!  Yum!  Today is Thursday, and Thursdays are for Thrifters!

5 comments:

  1. That belt and that necklace both are just amazing. I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that dress and that necklace! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo and that dress is AmaZing! Also LOVE thrifted items! I'm also a thrift-aholic. Most of my work wear is thrift clothes. Found you via Thursdays for Thrifters. So glad I did! Another note: I'm also a Georgia gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that necklace! It's so fabulous. Love the dress and the belt too. Thanks for linking up with Thursdays are for Thrifters!
    -Meagan
    www.brassinpocketblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.