Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hooked

When I learned to crochet in February 2011 I never guessed how addicted I would become.  I find the repetitive motion of hooking stitch after stitch to be mind-numbingly relaxing.  I've decided to send my rainbow shawl to one of my friends, so I promise that the next thing I make will be for me.  I have crocheted dozens of projects over the past year, but I have only kept a couple items for myself.
 

This shawl is the first thing I ever made with "nice" yarn.  I suppose by nice I mean it's not 100% acrylic and not $2 per skein.  The yarn is Naturally Caron Spa, which is a bamboo and acrylic blend.  It is decadently soft and has a lovely sheen.  I also crocheted my necklace and beaded bracelet.


Dress, George, Walmart; shawl, handmade by me; shoes, Born, Younkers; shawl pin, gifted (thanks, Stephen); necklace, handmade by me; abalone pendant, farmer's market; abalone earrings, purchased in Cozumel; beaded bracelet, handmade by me.


Abalone is one of my favorite gems.  Is it a gem if it's shell?  I find the swirls of blue, green and purple truly enchanting.  Unfortunately it doesn't photograph very well.


Most days I take my photos and write my posts before work, but today I didn't get to it until the end of a long day.  I'm surprised by how well the outfit actually held up.

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful shawl. Gorgeous color. I'm really impressed with your creative talents.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.