Friday, March 2, 2012

Sometimes Guilt Feels So Good


It is supposed to snow again in Iowa today.  All my friends and family in the Midwest are bundled up against the cold.  What am I doing?  I'm trying to get a little more wear out of my winter wardrobe by wearing a sweater, even though it is supposed to get up to 80 degrees today.  I love Georgia, but I feel guilty enjoying the warmth when so many people I love are shivering in the snow.
 

I've been wanting to wear this belt again since Gracey at Fashion for Giants wore her vintage lion head earrings last week.  I want some lion head earrings, but I still love my lion head belt.  I guess if her earrings are the best earrings ever, this is the best belt ever.
 

This is one of those outfits that I just love and feel great in.  That is particularly surprising because I am wearing slacks, and I don't usually like outfits with slacks as much.  I guess the leopards and the lions balance the slacks.
 

Sweater, George, Walmart; slacks, Younkers; lion belt, thrifted and embellished by me; sandals, Born, Younkers; leopard watch, ebay; pearl necklace and earrings, I don't remember.

Tonight for dinner we are going to have chicken and wild rice soup with mushrooms.  I'm using some homemade chicken and stock that I have in the freezer mixed with leftover mushroom and wild rice risotto. It should be fast, easy and a good way to use up some leftovers.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

3 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, that IS the BEST belt ever. I frickin' love it. I was all prepared to be mad at you for enjoy the warmth of GA as I froze over here in Oregon, but the belt just made everything better. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the belt and the outfit! Yes, it's blowing snow here again this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne! Happy Saturday! And also, I wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my post today for the "11 Things" meme that's going around. I hope you can/will do it!

    Gracey

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.