Friday, March 23, 2012

Jeanne and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Shawl

Shawl of many colors.
Behold my amazing technicolor dream shawl.  I started it on the plane on my trip to Iowa, and I finished it last night.

Same pattern, but tasteful yarn.
It is the same Eva's Shawl pattern I used to make this ivory mohair shawl for my step mom, but I used a bigger hook this time for a lacier end product.  Also, I used some batshit crazy yarn.  The yarn is Serenity Garden Yarn in Gems.  It comes in a whole bunch of fun colorways.  It is a dralon microfiber, so it is very soft and hopefully will hold up well.  It was a lovely yarn to work with.

I am quite certain that this is Stephen's least favorite thing I've ever made.  He really thinks it is hideous.  Luckily, I like it.
Stephen gave me this beautiful abalone
shawl pin for Valentine's Day.

Now I am debating whether I will keep it or give it away.  I can keep it and vex my own husband, give it away to someone who is happily single, or give it to someone who can vex her significant other with it (unless her SO is color blind- then s/he might like it).

In the meantime, I had to at least take it for a test drive.  I don't know what today will hold, but I know there will be at least some rainbows and unicorns.  It can't be all bad.


 

Dress, Miss Tina, Walmart; shawl, handmade by me; shawl pin, gifted (thank you, Stephen!); belt, thrifted; shoes, Montego Bay Club, Payless Shoes; earrings, etsy; unicorn pendant, ebay.
 

The dress is somewhat va-va-voomier than I realized.  I was just going for a black dress to better showcase the shawl.  Thanks, Beyonce's Mom.
 

So what do you think?  Should I keep the shawl?  Give it to a friend?  Give it to a blog reader?

1 comment:

  1. Your shawl is gorgeous. what an accompishment. It's vibrant like you. Love the colors. But I almost NEVER knit anything that isn't handyed and very colorful. Colinette yarns and Noro are my favorites. I love how you put everything together. I looks very complicated and if I had ccompleted something like that I would hope to be very very proud and excited to wear it! Do you know where your husband got that abalone pin? I'm looking for something like it to fasten on a wrap I just finished. Hope you can let yourself enjoy the fruits of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.