Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fin.

You know those pretentious art films that have "fin" at the end instead of "the end."  I'm so on board with that.  Doesn't it look much cooler than if I just said that I'm finally finished with my Eva Shawl?


This was an easy pattern that I'll probably make again.  It would not have taken nearly as long if I hadn't had so much going on in December or if I had focused on this shawl for the beginning of my Crafty New Year challenge.


 

 


After dog school tonight I buckled down and finished the last few rows.  It will look even better once I wash and block it.



Image Credit:
Patons Yarns
Vintage
This shawl was worked in Patons Lace, a lace weight yarn that is 80% Acrylic, 10% Mohair and 10% Wool.  The color is "Vintage."  The acrylic makes it washable and affordable, while the mohair and wool make it soft and give it a lovely halo.  It feels much more luxe than plain acrylic yarn does.  It is softer than  pure wool.  I think I will try some more projects with this yarn.  I particularly like their bonfire color.
Image Credit:
Patons Yarns
Bonfire

The one thing I'm not wild about with this yarn is that it is very frustrating to tear out.  Little knots and errors end up being a trial to remove without breaking the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.