Sunday, January 1, 2012

December Shoe Challenge Analysis

Shoetopia: home of my shoes.
The December Shoe Challenge was fun but frustrating at times too.  There were quite a few times that I didn't get to wear the shoes I thought would go best with my outfit because I had already worn them this month.  The experience did open my eyes a bit more to just how underutilized my shoes are.

Heel
  • Flats: 24
  • Heels:6
  • Wedges: 2

Type
  • Boots: 9
  • Shoes: 22

Color
  • Black: 8
  • Brown: 5
  • Red: 6
  • Green: 2
  • Purple: 3
  • Animal: 1
  • Tan: 2
  • Pink: 1
  • Grey: 2
  • Metallic: 1
  • Blue: 1
Favorites
My favorites fall into two categories: style and comfort.

I love these boots and they
also win for comfort.

Also comfy and cute.














Less comfortable, by I love
them anyway.
Warm and comfy.














Red hot.

Purple and sassy.

Analysis
Even with the challenge pushing me, I still gravitated towards shoes that are easy to wear.  I wore shoes more than boots and flats more than heels.  Look for January to have a lot more boots.  I want to get as much wear as possible in before the weather warms up.

I am very much looking forward to my next challenge.  Challenges encourage me to look at my wardrobe in new ways, and my January challenges will also help me pull back on spending and ramp up the creativity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.