Friday, January 20, 2012

Five O'Clock Somewhere

After the day I had yesterday I wanted to spend my Friday drinking mixed drinks.  Since I wouldn't drink on the clock, I've decided to dress as a mixed drink instead.  This dress is totally work appropriate because it doesn't actually have any alcohol on it, just citrus wedges and cocktail umbrellas.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

My camera battery died after just a couple pictures this morning, so I finished my photo session at lunch today.  Luckily there are some lovely areas near where I work.  I should do this more often.
Twirl.


Dress, thrifted; turtleneck, Merona, Target; scarf, I don't remember; tights, Walmart; pink flower flats, Xhiliration, Target, cocktail necklace, gifted (thanks Angie!); pink flower necklace, Goody Two Shoes; green cluster earrings, I don't remember; bangle bracelets, purchased in Cozumel.

 

This outfit reminds me of better days.  Days spent lounging on the beach and snorkeling through the surf
Imagining I have a drink in my hand
and my feet in the sand.
in Cozumel.  One coworker said it reminds her of Mary Poppins.  Thanks a lot, Chastity.  Another coworker told me that my outfit made him want to sit on a beach and drink fruity drinks.  That's what I was going for.

No alcohol, but lovely
flavor.
I have a secret weapon in my mixed drink madness.  Non-alcoholic, sugar free, Kahlua flavored coffee syrup.

This weekend I am getting a Mary Kay makeover.  I won a $25 gift certificate and makeover at a local fair this fall, and I can't wait to see how my look can be polished.  Also on my "to do" list are finishing Gadget's dog coat and maybe my shrug/shawl, cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.


Winding path.
 
I'm really ready for January to be over.  I want to be able to craft on my own schedule and do some thrift shopping.  I'm not complaining though.  These challenges help me reassess my priorities and lifestyle.  

Even though it's Friday, I can't help posting this outfit to Thursdays Are For Thrifters.  Some thrifts are too good not to toot my own horn.





2 comments:

  1. that dress is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poses in this one. You look so cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.