Monday, January 2, 2012

They Call It Hot Glue for a Reason

This project was a lot of fun until I managed to give myself second degree burns on the hot glue.  If I had listened to the great Martha Stewart I would have averted that injury.  She suggested keeping a bowl of ice water next to your work when using hot glue.  Please learn from my pain.  Always listen to Martha.

We used these glass decorations in the centerpieces at our wedding reception, and already had the potted plant.  I'm excited that I got to reuse the glass to make something so pretty.  I really like the way this project turned out.

Embelished Flower Pot
Materials:
  • Flower pot
  • Decorative glass 
  • Multi-temp glue sticks
Tools:
  • Multi-temp hot glue gun
Preheat the glue gun on the high setting.
Apply decorative glass chips in a
random pattern.












Keep gluing.
Fill in any gaps with smaller glass bits.

I also took the opportunity to clean up my plant a bit.
I love the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.