Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Everybody, Everywear: Pirates FTW

Natilcal: EBEW


This is the second time I've posted this pirate song on my blog.  Last time it was stuck in my head for days after.  Why am I doing this to myself?

I know that Everybody, Everywear is not a competition, but in this outfit I feel like I'm winning.  What is more nautical than a skirt with ships on it?  This outfit makes me feel like a pirate, and pirates always win in my book.  I would be lying if I said I hadn't considered adding an eye patch.
 

Sweater, thrifted; tank, Walmart; skirt, Sailor Jerry; sandals, Montego Bay Club, Payless Shoes; necklace and earrings, handmade by me; bracelet, gifted (thanks Mom!).
 

I've figured out what I will title the fashion book I will probably never write:  How to Dress Like an Eccentric With a Crazy Budget.  It's funny because rich people are eccentric while normal people are crazy, and my style proclivities are skewed to the eccentric crazy.

Blogger Kimberly at Poor Girl Eats Well actually is writing a book, and I anticipate it will be terrific.  The Poor Girl Eats Well book has only 4 days left on Kickstarter.  Kimberly has met her fundraising goal, but if anyone else contributes it will only improve the awesomeness of the book.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, that skirt is just amazing. I love it with the red sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute little skirt and now i am scared to hit play on the pirate song for fear of getting it stuck in my head, BUT i am a sucker for pirates so here goes....
    popped over from EBEW
    brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirt is so cute! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely won the (non) competition! That skirt is so kitschy and fun but in the navy it tones it down for real life wear. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.