Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mint & Cake-less Hawk

Hello people of the interwebs!  I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  


The dot in the center of the bridge
is a hawk sitting on her nest.
Yesterday my mom and I went kayaking on the backwaters of the Savannah River.  We got caught in a few sun showers and then a thunderstorm.  We took our boats out of the river and portaged along a trail for awhile, but then the sun came back out and we paddled the rest of the way home.  It was a fun but exhausting kayaking adventure.  


We saw a hawk nesting on a railroad bridge over the river.  Unfortunately I only had my little cell phone camera, but in real life you could see the little baby hawks poking their heads out of the nest.  


We also saw dozens of turtles, herons, egrets, ducks and wood storks.  One of the reasons I enjoy kayaking so much is that you can get up close to wildlife.  


Memorial Day makes me think.  Two years ago over Memorial Day weekend Stephen and I got engaged.  Last year at Memorial Day my mom came to visit me in Georgia for the first time.  Now Stephen and I have been married for over a year and half and we are all living in Georgia.   


"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  Ferris Bueller




Now back to reality...
Photo bombed by Wonton.  She doesn't
usually get in on the photo bombing action.
 

Sweater, Banana Republic, thrifted; slacks, thrifted; sandals, Bare Traps, Younkers; necklace, earrings and bracelet, handmade by me.
 
Unfortunately you can't see that this delightful sweater is sheer and mint green with silvery stripes.  Oh well, try another day!





1 comment:

  1. That necklace is amazing. And although I'm not a fan of mint, I have to admit this sweater looks gorgeous on you.

    My family doesn't go kayaking, but we go white water rafting every summer and I just love it. You made me look forward to this year's trip even more.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.