Monday, May 7, 2012

Super Dots

I have two exciting tidbits this morning, and I don't know which should lead.  I dyed my hair this weekend, and now I have super hero hair.  I am very happy about my super hero hair.  Why go normal red when you can go "no-one-understood-me-until-I-went-to-Xavier's-School-for-Gifted-Youngsters" red?

I had a world-changing epiphany this weekend: animal prints are the polka dots and stripes of nature.  I'll give that a minute to sink in.  Now go forth and start wearing stripes and polka dots and animal prints together.
 

Shirt, H&M, thrifted; slacks, Younkers; belt, Walmart; shoes, Walmart; earrings, handmade and gifted (thanks Chenille!); bracelet, Claires; pendant, gifted (thanks Stephen!).
Unfortunately you can't see quite how lovely and red my hair
truly is.  Trust me!






















I experimented with dots and animal yesterday, and I declare that experiment a success.  Today I am tired and wanted a zero effort version of dots and animal.  I like how this one turned out too.

 

Dress, thrifted; belt, thrifted; shoes, Merona, Target; earrings, So & So; pendant, purchased in Cozumel; bracelet, Claires.


I can hardly wait for Everybody Everywear tomorrow.  I have my nautical outfit picked out, and, though EBEW is not a competition, I already know I'm going to win.

The Poor Girl Eats Well book has only 5 days left on Kickstarter, and Kimberly's fundraising goal is within reach with just a little more help.  If you haven't already checked out the Poor Girl Eats Well blog and Kickstarter page, do it!

Like every Monday, today is Visible Monday.  My hair and dots make me feel wonderfully visible!

4 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your nature observation, Jeanne! : > And your outfit is terrific too, with dots and animal print. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfits -- I especially like the first one. And you have no idea how very, VERY happy it makes me to think about animal prints, stripes and spots together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love polka dots this season as well! I'm really feeling your first outfit!
    I'm also a Georgian! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannie, you are so lovely and stylish. I hope you are enjoying the gorgeous weather as much as I am. Thank you for commenting!

      Delete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.