Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Proper

This outfit feels a little staid, but it still has some elements I like.  I like the retro fit of the jacket and skirt, and, of course, I like the jewelry.  I also like the 100% silk fabric of the skirt.  It feels decadent on my skin.


This skirt is another giant church rummage sale find.  This one didn't take alteration so much as un-alteration.  It was marked size 14, so I threw it in the bag without doing any sort of fit check.  Certainly a size 14 would not be too small, even in a vintage piece.  When I got it home my mom noticed that it had been taken in over an inch on each side.  I spent half an hour carefully removing the extra stitches from the fabric.  I am shocked and relieved that I managed to get through it all without jabbing the seam ripper through the silk.  Now it fits perfectly!
 

Jacket, Studio Works, Younkers, tee, George, Walmart; skirt, BRAND, thrifted; belt, thrifted; sandals, Montego Bay Club, Payless Shoes; necklace and earrings, handmade by me.
Close-up of the earrings.

The skirt came with a matching jacket, and maybe I will try the whole outfit together next time.  Tomorrow's outfit came from a Goodwill trip with my mom, not the church rummage sale like the outfits so far this week, but I think you will agree it is quite blog-worthy.  Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.