Friday, May 25, 2012

Bear With Me...

Alternate post titles:
  • Bear Necessities
  • Bear in Mind
  • Grin and Bear It
  • Bear Naked
  • Bear Bones
  • Can't Bear It
  • Bear-ly There 
Whew.  Now that I've got that out of my system...  I spent most of last night beading, trying to develop stock to put in Chenille's etsy store.  I found some bear-shaped mother of pearl beads that I've had for a long time and decided that I would finally put them to use.  I made some earrings with the bears a couple years ago for a craft sale, but they didn't sell.  Now I don't know if I can bear to part with this set.

Bear Necklace: mother of pearl bears,
white howlite beads, silver-plated spacers,
sliver-lined glass seed beads.
Sneak peek of first strand of color
block necklace with freshwater pearls
and coral.























I often have a hard time parting with the pieces that I really like, and it shows in my overflowing jewelry box.  It is actually easier for me to give my favorite pieces away than it is to sell them.  I'm working on a cobalt blue and red color-blocked necklace with cobalt blue freshwater pearls and red coral beads next.  I have already decided that I'll probably need to make two of those if it turns out like I think it will.  That way I can keep one and list one.

I have a girls' night tonight and a long weekend ahead of me.  Look for a post about my amazing shoes later tonight and more jewelry pics this weekend.

So, do you like my bears?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.