Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lookin' Good, Feeling Bloggy

I am now a blogger.  It's official.  I have giggled every time I looked at this outfit on the hanger this week.  Five months and 200+ posts in, and I'm finally mixing stripes and dots.  I'm so edgy.  I got both the cardigan and the skirt at Goodwill with my mom last weekend.  She has a really nice Goodwill right by her new house.  It's a sign!
 

Blogging has encouraged me to try new things, and, while I might have worn this outfit before I started blogging, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I am today.  The stripes!  The anchor-embellished buttons!  The dots!  The flowers!
 
Cardigan, thrifted; tank, thrifted; skirt, Southern Lady, thrifted; shoes, Dexter, Payless Shoes; earrings, etsy; necklace, handmade and gifted (thanks Chenille!).

I love that the brand on this skirt is Southern Lady.  Not surprisingly I had never seen this brand in the North, but I see it all the time at Goodwill here.  

Today is Thursday and Thursdays are for Thrifters, and I'm thrifting all week!  Click to see all the thrifted gems I found last weekend.

In other news, the Everybody, Everywear theme for May is Nautical.  I'm excited to try out some sea-worthy looks!


3 comments:

  1. I love this - you pulled off the pattern-mixing effortlessly. Also enjoying how that skirt looks like something Anthro would carry yet you got it for probably $100 less than what they would be selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I paid $1.75 for the skirt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore all the elements of this outfit- I love naval, polka dots and daisies, so you're my epitomy of loveliness! You look lovely I love that I get to see lovely new people through Thursdays are for thrifters! Tis charming to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.