Thursday, May 24, 2012

Whatever

Here is my style philosophy in a nutshell: wear whatever makes me happy, and accessorize with whatever makes me happy.  

I am acutely aware that it is not about me in general, but when it comes to my clothes it isn't about anyone else.  My clothes don't need to "go together" in anyone's estimation but mine.  Sometimes I coordinate, sometimes I contrast, sometimes I just wear a bunch of things that I like all at once.
 
For today's outfit: Animal print consistently makes me smile.  Turquoise plus red is one of my favorite color combinations right now.  It is reflected in my jewelry, my belt and shoes, and my fingernail and toenail polish.  I could have worn this as a super-short dress, but I decided I'd be more comfortable if I followed Gracey's lead and wore my short dress as a tunic with leggings.  
 
Animal print dress, thrifted; leggings, No Boundaries, Walmart; belt, thrifted; shoes, Merona, Target; necklace, brancelet, and earrings, handmade by me.


Two Peas Necklace.
Please excuse the cell phone picture quality.
In other news, I have made a few more pieces of jewelry lately, and these pieces are destined for sale on Chenille's So & So etsy shop.  


One of my favorite pieces I've made for sale is the two peas necklace.  I am fortunate enough to have amazing friends with whom I connect on so many levels, and this necklace is inspired by them. 


I'll shamelessly self promote when my items are listed on etsy, but in the meantime, check out the lovely things Chenille has listed on So & So.

Check back tomorrow night for a special bonus girls' night post with AMAZING shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.