Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's Curtains for Me

Actually, today was only valance for me.  Next I will do curtains.  By the time I finished the valance I'd had enough for the day.  I used a linen fabric lined with black-out lining.

The majority of the decor in our master bedroom and bathroom is beachy colored and themed, but I purchased a stained glass panel with birds of various sorts to hang over the bath tub.  I wanted to curtains to tie the beach theme with the birds.  I saw and really liked this fabric at JoAnn Fabrics, but it is fairly sheer and I wanted to be able to keep some of the sun out of the bathroom.  I like the pale blue color that reminds me of the beach with the birds that tie into the stained glass.  The insulated black-out lining will keep the room from heating up in the summer.

Can you see the birdies swooping on the walls?
Thanks, Angie!


 My friend Angie sent me the adhesive swallow-shaped mirrors that you see on the walls.  Stephen and I got married in Cozumel, Mexico, and Cozumel is derived from the Mayan for "island of swallows."  I love them.
Close up.  I'm getting lots of pics of this project because
I spent half the day working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.