Georgia is a strange place. Before I moved to Georgia I never looked forward to autumn and winter. I dread the cold, and it gets cold in Iowa- sixty-plus degrees below zero with the wind chill cold. Now that I don't have below-zero weather to fear, I can finally look forward to the nicer aspects of the cooler months. When I went through my closet recently I found some of my cool-weather clothes, and I am yearning to wear them. Not to get all Stark on you, but Winter is Coming. (Laughing uproariously at my own joke.)
- Leather and Pleather: I have a leather skirt, a pleather skirt, a microsuede dress, and a variety of leather, pleather, and suede jackets. None of them are appropriate for summer in Georgia. Some would argue that you can style leather for summer, but I want to be comfortable ,and I don't want to be confined to air conditioning. I want to be able to luxuriate in the heat without getting squeaking in my clothes.
|With boots, tights, a jacket, and|
dark colors I would feel awkward
and overheated wearing this in July.
- Boots: Between jogging regularly and losing a few pounds, my calves are a little slimmer than they were last winter. This means I have effectively increased my boot wardrobe for free because my legs fit in more of what I own. The pair I wore yesterday didn't fit in the spring. Yippee!
- Sweater Dresses: Sweater dresses are basically giant sweaters, and nothing is cozier when the weather is cold. Add boots and tights and I'm in heaven.
- Tights: I have colored tights, patterned tights, and lace tights burning a hole in my drawer waiting to be worn. As you can tell from my Waterfalls post, it is finally that time again.
- Layers: I've been wearing some layers all summer, but it really is too warm to wear many layers during the warmest months here. I'm excited to go back to wearing multiple dresses, dresses with skirts, and jackets with anything I want.
- Jackets: Isn't it a waste that I couldn't wear my tacky wool cowboy jacket until now? I certainly think so. It's not the only jacket that was consigned to the back of the closet for the summer. I have a fleet of them just waiting to be worn.
- Dark Colors: I wear some dark colors all year long, but some looks, especially ones with large amounts of black, have been missing from my summer wardrobe.