Saturday, October 27, 2012

Under the Influenster: Lashed

It is no coincidence that when reviewing the items I received in the Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox I left the Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit for last.  You know I love RuPaul's Drag Race, so you know I love false eyelashes, but when I have tried applying false lashes in the past it has never ended well.

Usually I end up with the false lashes affixed half way up my eyelid and my natural lashes glued underneath the falsies.  Not a good look.  I didn't really feel like trying again.
I started by watching a number of YouTube videos about applying false eyelashes.  The best of those I found is below.  The most helpful tip I found it to look down into a mirror as you apply them.  That made it a lot easier.  The kit came with a pair of plastic grabbers to help position the lashes, and those helped somewhat too.  

It still took me quite a few tries to get the lashes situated more or less where they were supposed to be.
Seriously, it took me a lot of tries to get them where they were supposed to be.

Once I finally had the lashes on, I felt silly.  How silly?  Really silly.
 


 

Maybe I felt like a ham because the lashes are so theatrical.  I managed a few serious pictures after I wore myself out making faces.
 

I wore these lashes out to dinner, and I felt less self-conscious as the night went on.  I think they actually look pretty from a reasonable distance, but they are way more dramatic than I am used to.  The box says they will last for a few uses, and I will try them again.  I can almost guarantee they will make an appearance when we go to Las Vegas in a couple months.  I think they will go well with sequins.

The Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit retails for $4.99.  I'd say it's worth it for that price.

* I received the Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit for free from Influenster, but all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.