Friday, October 26, 2012

Under the Influenster: What is Influenster?

I've been blogging about the Beauty Blogger Voxbox that I received through Influenster all week, so I thought I would talk a little more about the site and how you, lovely people of the interwebs can get involved too.  

From the Influenster websiteInfluenster is a free-to-join community of invited trendsetters who  give opinions of products and experiences. Influenster creates links between brands and members to reward participation and influence future products.  

Basically, you review products and services with which you've had experience, you share your interests and demographic info, and you are rewarded for that market research and promotion with deals, promotions and freebies.  

I've been a member for a couple of months and feel like there has been a good cost/benefit ratio for me.  I have done a few reviews, and I received the most recent Beauty Blogger VoxBox in return.  I am reviewing the items that were in the box on this blog as well as on Influenster, so it doesn't take much more of an investment of my time than just blogging.  

I know some members have expressed disappointment that the items in their box didn't closely match their needs (for example products for straight hair and their hair is curly), but I just figured that if I received a product that I couldn't use I would pass it along to someone who could use it and have them write a guest post.  I don't think you can/should complain too much about a box of freebies.

I was very pleased with what I received, even if I would not purchase all of the items.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.