Monday, October 1, 2012

Swap-ortunity

I enjoy finding stylish clothes, having a glass of wine, meeting new friends, and, of course saving money.  Last night I was thrilled to roll all of the above into one whirlwind evening at Sally Ann's Fall Clothing Swap.  (For Sally's post about her first clothing swap, click here.)
 

What I wore to the swap: Dress, Mossimo, thrifted; sandals, Clarks, Younkers; necklace and earrings, handmade by me.

Sally is a local fashion designer/redesigner, blogger, and creative inspiration.  Her blog is one of the reasons I've been sewing so much lately.  Reading her work is a crafty addiction for me.

I brought a mountain of clothes to the swap.
I won before I ever walked through Sally's door last night because the swap inspired me to take a long, hard look at my closet.  I most of a day cleaning, sorting, organizing, and culling my wardrobe, and my closet it more usable for the effort.  I came away from the swap with some great pieces that I'll share over the coming weeks, including today's dress.

There were so many great aspects of last night, but the one that stood out the most to me is the sense of camaraderie among the women attending.  Everyone worked together to find pieces that were perfect for themselves and ones that were perfect for the other girls.  Sisterhood gives me the warm fuzzies.
Disclosure: I only wore these
shoes long enough to take photos.
My feet are covered in fire ant
stings, and it is agony.
 





I love the feminine cut and drape of this dress, and its polka dots enabled me to reprise one of my favorite fashion thoughts.  Leopard print is the polka dot of nature, so leopard and dots are a great pair.  
I am grinning like an idiot in most of
today's pictures.  I must really like
this dress.
Dress, swapped; belt, Walmart; shoes, American Eagle, Payless Shoes; earrings and leopard cuff bracelet, Claire's; dogwood flower necklace, thrifted; crocheted necklace, handmade by me.

Sally has wonderful tips for hosting your own clothing swap, so check out her blog, gather up your friends, and get swapping

If any ladies from last night's swap see this post and would like to have a swapped outfit featured on this blog, email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.