Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tied Up

I know this outfit has a lot going on, but I love it.  It seems like a fitting visual metaphor for work this week, where I also have a lot going on.  It is also fitting that it is tied up and wild!  A nice, crazy outfit like this can make me smile during a hectic day. 

I need something to carry me through today, and it's not sleep.  I couldn't fall asleep until after midnight last night, and I woke up at 5:30 this morning with a headache.  I finally admitted defeat at 6:30 when I realized sleep was not returning.  Caffeine and crazy outfit to the rescue!*

 

Chain print dress, London Times, Marshalls; corset belt, thrifted; leopard jacket, thrifted; scarf, Walmart; tights, Target; buckle and strap detail boots, Relativity, Younkers; earrings, gifted (thanks Mary Ann!); pearl and chainmail necklace, Trinkets By M, etsy; twisted silver cuff, gifted (thanks Mom!), twisted silver, copper, and brass cuff, made in high school jewelry class; silver cuff with twist detail, thrifted; rings, made in high school jewelry class.



 

Apparently I like posing on one foot.  I embrace my inner flamingo.  Whee!

 


 * After seeing the pictures, this outfit is not nearly as crazy as I thought it was.  Hopefully it will still get me through the day.

2 comments:

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.