Monday, August 20, 2012

Seeing Red

I've been doing a little wardrobe DIY in preparation for my trip, and it's all coming up roses- or at least rosy red.

The first project was redying a Indian shirt that bled in the wash.  The trim was red and the body was a champagne color.  One trip through the wash and there were pink blotches all over.  Rit to the rescue.

Before
 





After



The second project was a lot more ambitious, but I think it paid off.  I cloned my favorite maxi-length tank dress.  With help from my mom, I traced the three pieces that composed the original dress, cut out the pattern, and sewed it up in a stretchy jersey fabric.

I didn't take as many photos as I could or should have during the process.  I was just too excited!


If I add a layer over the top for a little extra coverage I think this will be perfect.  I love the drape and incredible comfort.  If I have enough time before I leave I might even make another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.