Monday, August 24, 2015

Swimming Up Stream

This inappropriately-short, salmon-hued dress has become a summer favorite this year.  To keep it PG, I've worn it with leggings.  To keep from freezing in the office, I add a sweater.   It has pockets.  It's light enough to be comfortable in the Georgia heat (without the sweater).  I feel confident in it.  It is good for whatever most days hold. This salmon leaves me ready to swim up stream.. if we take that as a metaphor for working hard against the current, and not for going somewhere to die.
 

Dress, Dots, thrifted; sweater, Faded Glory, Walmart; leggings, George, Walmart; shoes, Merona, Target; glasses, Zenni Optical; dogwood earrings, thrifted.
 

Widget the velcro dog photo bombed me again.
 

I used to steer clear of these colors, but now I think they suit my coloring.  Pink, peach, and coral tones bring out rosiness in my cheeks and lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.