Friday, April 19, 2013

Mercy Me

If you live in the Augusta area and you like a deal, you need to know about Mercy Ministries Thrift Shop.  The thrift shop is run by Mercy Ministries, and money raised goes to support many services in the community.  Mercy Ministiries provides services to the homeless and under housed (usually no utilities) and low income individuals and families.  The store has over 50,000 square feet of thrifting heaven with furniture, housewares, clothes, and even craft supplies.  Clothes are just $1.  The store might be overwhelming for the thrifting novice.  You may have to do a little digging to find the best treasures, but it is fun and worth it.
 

Dress, thrifted; necklace, gifted; earrings and bracelet, ebay; shoes, Christmas Tree Shops.
 

Yesterday I was in need of a little retail therapy, so my mom and I headed down to the thrift shop.  I went a little crazy, but I found some really beautiful dresses, storage canisters, and a pretty flower pot.  
 

Can you believe this Ann Taylor dress was only $1?  I think it will become a staple of my summer wardrobe.  I added my pelican earrings and bracelets and leopard espadrilles.     
 

Good clothes at a good price for a good cause?  I'll be visiting Mercy Ministries Thrift Shop again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.