Thursday, April 18, 2013

Power Dress

Today I needed to feel powerful.  I had a big meeting this afternoon and for once leopard print wasn't the route I wanted to take.  Instead of animal, I chose a cyan dress, turquoise jewelry, and red shoes, belt, lips, and nails.
 

Dress, thrifted; belt, thrifted; shoes, Payless Shoes; necklace, bracelet, and earrings, handmade by me.
 

This silk dress came with a long matching jacket.  The dress lining is gorgeous... so much so I've wondered if I could make it reversible.  For today the bold cyan and pops of red gave me just the power I needed.
 

Have you seen the recent BBC series Sherlock?  It's available on both Amazon Prime and Netflix.  The Irene Adler character in the series has a power dress of her own.  Mine is much more appropriate for business meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.