Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Everything's Coming Up Roses

This weekend I went to the Thomasville Rose Show & Festival in Thomasville, Georgia.  This was the inspiration I needed to transform a dress that arrived magically on my doorstep a few weeks ago.

The lovely Gracey of Fashion for Giants sent me a box of fabulous clothing including this rose print dress.  The print is very pretty.  Unfortunately there was something slightly off about the styling of the dress.  It had puffy sleeves of an awkward length and a v-neck didn't hit at the right place.


Of course I started by removing the sleeves at the seams.  Next I adjusted the neck and slightly gathered the shoulders.
 

Here is the final result!  Now I love the dress.  Thank you, Gracey!
 

I added a belt and cardigan (both thrifted), sandals (Younkers), earrings (etsy), and a necklace that I've had since I was a little girl.
 

The dress was a hit with the ladies I traveled with to the festival, and a new lady-like addition to my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.