Wednesday, May 1, 2013

M'aidez!

My jokes are not very funny when they are so funny that I have to explain them.  This is one of those times.  Today is May 1, which is recognized many places in the Northern Hemisphere as the celebration of spring known as May Day.  Mayday is also a distress signal from the French "m'aidez" meaning "help me."  It's May Day, and I'm in some sartorial trouble.

I have finally, finally reached the end of my dresses in my closet excavation challenge... Except that I haven't.  Unlike the brilliant Gracey who explored her closet while in the land of Nosh Opping, I did a little shopping while excavating mine.  This means I have dresses that I didn't have when I started this experiment.  Gah!  When do I get to wear those?

Then there is the bigger problem with my excavation... It has allowed me to become extra neurotic.  Any time I have rules (especially ones I impose on myself), I feel compelled to follow them.  I have felt unwilling to break the challenge rules, and so it has stopped being fun.  If it isn't fun, it isn't worth it.  It's just blogging.  It's supposed to be fun.  And not boring.  Right now I'm feeling compulsive and bored. 

It took four months to get this far into my closet.  That is kind of embarrassing.  I went through animal print, black, grey, white, brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple dresses.  Now I want a few months to play with pieces that haven't been worn in that time.  I'm looking forward to forays into new spring and summer styles and picking what I'm wearing at the spur of the moment- not because that's what falls next in my closet.

If you'd like to see the dozens of dresses that made it into this challenge, check the Closet Excavation Challege page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.