Friday, May 31, 2013

From Pepto-Abysmal to Fine Wine

Sometimes in my greed mania elation over finding something pretty at the thrift store I miss a problem with the garment.  I got this pink dress at Mercy Ministries recently.  I was considering dying it anyway because it was borderline Pepto pink.  My hand was forced because it had a small stain that I didn't notice before I bought it.  It is cotton, so it dyed well.
 

You can't even see the spot in the photos.  I am pointing at it in the photo on the right.  Take my word for it that you can see it quite clearly in real life.
 

Dress, thrifted and dyed; shoes, Payless Shoes; earrings and necklace, handmade by me.
 

If anyone tells you that you can't dye fabric in a front load washing machine, don't believe them.  You should know thy washer though.  I accidentally poured the dye in before the initial pump-out cycle was over, so a lot of the dye disappeared down the drain.  Luckily there was enough left to change the color from Pepto-abysmal to fine wine.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.