Monday, April 1, 2013

Two Blue

I'm catching up on photos from the weekend, so today's post is two days of travel outfits.  Even though the weather in Iowa warmed before our arrival, I still dressed for chilly days.  For the trip there I chose a cashmere sweater under a blue shirt dress (today's challenge item) with tights and boots.  What you can't see is that I'm also wearing warm wool socks under the boots.  That will probably be true for any photo with boots during the trip.
End of a long day

Dress, thrifted; sweater, thrifted; belt, TJ Maxx; tights, Target; boots (not shown), Rack Room Shoes.

Two TSA agents and a random lady stopped me at various points along the trip to tell me they liked my outfit.  Being stopped by TSA agents for any reason makes me nervous, but that's about the best reason I can think of. 

We got on our first plane at 5:30 in the morning, so it was a long day.  I only bothered to take a couple of photos when we got to Stephen's parents' house, and only one turned out.











The next day I met up with my advisor to discuss my master's thesis.  I tried to dress up a little bit for the meeting.  I didn't realize until I downloaded these photos what a blur of color and pattern I must have been when I arrived in his office with my dress, coat, and scarf.
 

Dress and belt, TJ Maxx; tights, Target; boots, Rack Room Shoes; jewelry, gifted; coat, Talbots, scarf, Target.
 

We also saw Green Day's American Idiot musical.  I enjoyed it because I love Green Day.  Unfortunately we didn't realize the band itself was playing just a few hours away over the weekend.  We could have made it a double Green Day trip.

1 comment:

  1. I would like TSA much more if they complimented me on my outfits.

    http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.