Monday, March 7, 2016

The "Also Rans"

You know them from politics, athletics, and other contest of wits, strength, and popularity.  They didn't place.  They didn't do anything particularly noticeable.  They are the also-rans.

One of the happy consequences of my blogging goals this year is that I am dressing to blog many days.  That means I'm putting more thought and effort into what I wear and how I wear it, but, like any skill, it takes practice and I'm out of it.  This has created a subset of outfits that I put together and even photographed, but they didn't fill me with joy like my koi pond outfit and my fancy thrift store ruana or I just didn't have time to blog.

The also-ran oufits are important.  Without trying new things I don't know what I like, what works, and what makes me smile giddily to myself throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.