Friday, September 14, 2012

Tailor Made

I was so excited when our next day's shopping expedition yielded a reasonably-priced sari fabric.  We dropped off the sari fabric and the previous day's blue floral fabric at RJ's tailor and got I got measured for my sari and a kurta (long tunic), dupatta (scarf), and pants set.  Much of the fabric I purchased in India was intended for these sets.  The fabric came with one print for the tunic, one for the pants, and a coordinating fabric for the shawl that ties the first two fabrics together.

Angie and I in our fancy new saris.
The fabric I chose for the sari is a deep turquoise chiffon with rose gold colored beading.  The tailor commented that the sari would be heavy because of the beading, but I think the end result is worth it.  Now I just need to find somewhere fancy to go.

I loved the tailored clothing expereince so much that I'm feeling inspired to make more of my own clothes.  Clothes that fit perfectly are amazing.











The museum had a number of large carved animals.  
We also went to the Pune Tribal Museum.  The museum showcases the cultures of tribal communities in the Sahyadri and Gondhavana regions of India.  Displays included both functional and decorative items including hunting and fishing implements, jewelry, art, masks, and religious icons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.