Monday, June 4, 2012

May Recap & Friday Duds

Last week was intense, and I needed the weekend to recover before I was prepared to post again.  As you can probably see in the photos below, I was bedraggled and makeup-less by Friday.  
 

Dress, Dare to Dress, thrifted; shrug, Moda International, Victoria's Secret; belt, thrifted; sandals, Merona, Target; earrings and bracelet, handmade by me; necklace, Fire Mountain Gems.


My in-laws were in town for the weekend, and it was great to see them.  As proof that I am a terrible influence, my mother-in-law got her ears pierced this weekend.  She had a second piercing done on each ear lobe.  Of course in March my mom got a cartilage piercing when I got my tragus pierced.

 
The month on the whole went much better than last week.  I lost just over six pounds, and I'm feeling somewhat better physically than I did at the beginning of the month.  

I've been walking a lot, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and mostly steering clear of foods with which I have problems with moderation.  I'm still more or less following the South Beach style of eating, but I'm consciously trying not to be rigid or punitive.  

I also took steps to check things off my to-do list that have been lingering for far too long.  I am going to continue my I'm Worth It Challenge into June, and I will see if I can end the month even healthier physically and mentally than I am today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.