Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Color Purple

I love many colors for many reasons, but purple always strikes me as opulent.  No wonder it has been associated with royalty for centuries.  I wish I had added some leopard print.  That would have upped the luxuriousness of the outfit.  Next time!
 

Sweater dress, thrifted; cowl, crocheted by me; booties, Rack Room Shoes; tights (both pairs), Younkers; earrings, etsy.
 

This has become my favorite non-hair washing day hair style.  It is so easy, and stays in place all day with enough bobby pins and hairspray.  I've been skipping the shampoo some days simply because wet hair makes me cold.  This time of year much of my behavior is focused on avoiding cold.
 

I have two pairs of Steve Madden tights layered for this look.  The top pair is dark purple mesh, and the bottom pair is light purple opaque.  I loved how my legs looked today.


I added the trench coat (c/o eShakti) for some Red Hat Society realness.  I don't know who made the rule against red and purple together, but they were obviously wrong.

For my two part review of this trench coat, check out In the Trenches Part I and Part II.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your hair pulled back and of course that outfit RULES!!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.