Friday, December 14, 2012

Momentous Meeting

I put way too much thought into what I wore on my second day in Portland... Especially since this was the result of all that thought.


Dress, thrifted; belt, Walmart; tights, Target; boots, Rack Room Shoes; necklace, ebay; earrings, Claire's.
I got this ear cuff with chain at Claire's with my
mom and Kate, and I wore it all weekend.
 
On Saturday I had the great honor and privilege of meeting and shopping with Gracey from Fashion for Giants.  Stephen called it my "blind date" though that isn't entirely accurate because I see photos of Gracey nearly every day.  

Gracey took me to Vintage by the Pound, and she was a wonderfully bad influence on me.  I would love to import Gracey to Georgia, and I will definitely meet up with her again next time I'm in Portland (if she'll let me).  I plan on wearing some of my finds next week.

Gracey was even lovelier and funnier in person than she is on her blog (and she is very lovely and funny on her blog).  She told me I am taller than I look in my photos (I'm 5'7"), and she wasn't quite as tall as I imagined.  Unfortunately I didn't think to take a photo of our momentous meeting, but, to give you an idea, here is an artist's conception of what it was like.
Disclaimer: I may not be this tall in real life.
Details may or may not reflect the actual event.
All Photoshopping has been done poorly.
All images are used without permission.
The rest of the trip was a bit of a blur.  There are no Sunday outfit photos because there was no Sunday outfit.  I was feeling a bit under the weather already and I never got out of my pajamas.  Late Sunday night we discovered our return flight had been canceled and we had to leave at 4 am instead of midday in order to get home, so I didn't get Monday photos either.

All in all I had a wonderful time in Oregon.  I can't wait to visit again soon.  Until next time, Portlandia!

1 comment:

  1. lol. Oh, I LOVE it. This is the best picture ever. And that's totally how I remember our meeting as well. Birds, narwhals and tall people!!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.