Monday, December 31, 2012

Struck

I've been struck by inspiration the past few days.  I've been beading up a storm with Chenille, my mom, and by myself.  When inspiration strikes, the creative process feels so good, and I've been struck.


Dress, thrifted; long sleeve t-shirt, Victoria's Secret; tights, Target; boots, Payless Shoes; necklace and earrings, handmade by me.


I was less inspired while I was getting dressed yesterday.  The dress is my closet challenge component for the day.  For some reason I thought this long-sleeve t-shirt was about the same color as these tights.  Luckily over-the-knee boots hide a multitude of fashion missteps while providing snuggly warmth.  I love this dress.  It is so versatile.  It feels great for a super casual Sunday like yesterday or for work (especially if I add the coordinating jacket that came with it).
 

The necklace and earrings are an homage to yarn.  I found the main focal bead some time ago.  It is made with wrapped wire that reminded me of a ball of yarn.  I then looked through my stash of random metal beads until I found enough to complete the necklace.  The earrings are asymmetrical because I like asymmetrical earrings and because I didn't have enough matching beads to complete two matching earrings.  I'll share more of my many creations in coming posts, and look for some to be added to my etsy site!

We'll have a quite New Year's Eve this year, but I'll be sure to wear something pretty anyway.  It's always necessary to start the year off pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.