Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fave Five: Last Minute Halloween Costumes

I love Halloween, but it has snuck up on me the past couple years.  Suddenly it's October 30 and I haven't planned my costume.

Last year's skeleton shirt.
Skeleton: One of my favorite DIYs was the skeleton t-shirt I made for Halloween last year.  It was ridiculously easy and it turned out great.  It wouldn't take much more effort to do up some matching sweatpants... and makeup if you're a real over-achiever.  I tried a number of Halloween costume craft ideas last year, but the skeleton shirt was my favorite.

Rosie the Riveter:  Guess what I'm wearing this year?  If you want to be comfortable and warm for Halloween, I think this costume is perfect.  Extra points for the woman-power message.

Witch: It's an oldie but goodie, and most of us can come up with everything but the pointy hat out of our day-to-day wardrobes.  I particularly like this version from Delia Creates.  She has a sickening spiderweb cape that I would wear any day.

Greek Goddess:  "Just add bedsheet" costumes are pretty great.  If you pin your sheet into a toga, you're a goddess.  If you throw it over your head, you're ghost.  Of the two I prefer goddess, but of course I do.

Fortune Teller:  Fortune Teller appeals to my inner raccoon.  Search your closet for flowy, bohemian clothes, add large quantities of gold jewelry, and carry around a garden gazing ball, tarot cards, or even playing cards.

**Bonus Idea** Fashion Blogger:  I think it would be very funny to be a fashion blogger for Halloween. Wear things that don't go together.  Call it pattern mixing.  Take selfies all day.  Tell people you're famous on the internet.  Congratulations, you're me.

For more ideas for quick, low-effort costumes, check out Real Simple Magazine and Buzzfeed.  

1 comment:

  1. lol! I love the idea of a Fashion Blogger Halloween costume! That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.