Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cross Cultural

Physically, this outfit is wonderfully comfortable, but it is outside of my normal sartorial comfort zone.  I felt perfectly dressed when I wore it in India, but it feels a bit out of place here.  I slightly mitigated that feeling by swapping out the coordinating harem pants for brown leggings and leaving the matching shawl on the hanger. It is a little traditional Indian crossed with a little typical Western.
 

Tunic, purchased in India; leggings, Walmart; sandals, Younkers; earrings, handmade by me; necklace, purchsed at Arts in the Heart; bracelets, made by me, handmade and gifted (thanks Chenille!), and thrifted.
 

I've only worn this custom-made tunic a few times since I purchased it in India last summer.  I love the intricately embroidered fabric.  I wish I had brought a bolt of it home with me.
 

As is often the case, I realize that I look a lot different (and less awkward) than I thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.