Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Inner-View

What is the purpose of an interview?  As far as I can tell, the main purpose it to make sure a perspective employee knows how to play by the rules and would fit in well with the current team.  Most of the time when I've had an interview I've worn a suit.  I've always worn a jacket.  This outfit is a big departure from what I've worn to other interviews, but it felt perfect for the circumstances.
 

Sweater, Younkers; dress, thrifted; sandals, Younkers; necklace, bracelet, and earrings, handmade by me.
 

I interviewed for a position at a place I've already been volunteering.  It is a relaxed atmosphere, so I wanted to show that I understand the environment but still took the interview seriously.  I was going for creative, fabulous realness.  Even though I didn't wear a jacket, this silk sheath dress is not exactly casual either.
 

I love the color of the dress and how it works with my eyes, skin, and hair.  I love the jewelry.  (I'd better since I made it.)  Most importantly, I felt great and exuded confidence.  My perfect interview clothes let me focus on the interview, not the clothes.
.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.