Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crutch

This jacket was a real find.  I dug it up at Vintage by the Pound in Portland on my shopping trip with Gracey in December.  I love the lines, the slightly puffed sleeves, and the Mandarin (?) collar.  It is the denim jacket elevated.  The downside?  I like it so much that wearing it has become a crutch on days that I don't feel like thinking about what to add to warm up a chilly outfit.
 

Jacket, thrifted; dress, swapped; tights, Target; shoes, Younkers; necklace, earrings, bracelet, and ring, gifted.
It's always funny to open a photo only to see that I
look completely deranged.
The dress is from the clothing swap hosted by Sally Ann back in September.  The light weight is perfect for summer, but not for the unseasonably cold temperatures we're having right now.  Tights and the jacket barely made it tolerable.
 

I had originally planned on topping this dress with a red polka dotted shirt.  I absolutely will wear that outfit once the weather warms up a bit, but for now it is just too cold to wear this gauzy dress with such a light topper.
Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.