Monday, July 9, 2012

First Impressions

If I were to do an impression of myself it would look something like this:


I don't mind being a caricature.  In fact, I rather enjoy it.  It is a kind of shorthand and a litmus test for people who might be on the same wavelength as I am.  I'm not interested in pleasing everyone, and the caricature Jeanne definitely pleases me.

That being said, when I have to meet a room full of new people I don't usually start with my Jeanne caricature.  This evening Stephen and I are going to check out a meeting for a club we might like to join.  I wanted to wear something that is true to my aesthetic without straying too far into silly.  
 
Shirt dress, Miss Tina, Walmart; dress, En Focus, TJ Maxx; belt, Claire's; sandals, Predictions, Payless; cicada earrings, etsy; dogwood necklace, thrifted.  
Cicada earrings broadcast just the right
amount of crazy.
Leopard nails help with the crazy a bit too.

I'm still happy with my leopard finger nails.  Today is the 11th day of this manicure, and it is still looking pretty good.  You can see where they are growing out at the top, but the ends are barely starting to chip. I will likely redo them tonight or tomorrow, but I am very satisfied with the experience overall.

 
Check out my Summer Shoe Challenge.

Don't forget, tomorrow is Everybody, Everywear: Color Blocking.  I'm even more excited since I missed last month's Neon Challenge.  I know what I'm wearing, and I can't wait to see what other creative bloggers think up.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.