Monday, July 2, 2012

June Recap


Happy Monday people of the interwebs.  This is the best I've felt on a Monday in a long time.  I attribute the happy feelings to a number of factors.  
  1. I made a large and difficult decision last week, and I feel good about it.  (Ooooo, mysterious.)
  2. I have worked out hard for the week and a half and consistently for the past two months.
  3. I am wore a neon, safety-colored tank to jog this morning.  

Yes, the neon made me happy.  It also made me feel safer as I plodded around the neighborhood in the early morning hours.  Sleepy motorists have no excuse to run me over.  


I felt so great after my jog this morning that I took a photo.  Apparently this is it what I actually look like after a jog.  After I saw what I look like (as opposed to how I felt), I almost didn't post this photo.  Then I decided I have nothing to be ashamed of.  Yes, I look sweaty and lumpy, but I just finished jogging.  If you have snarky thoughts about my sweaty lumpiness, you can keep them to yourself.

That pretty much sums up my June.  My weight loss was stalled, but I was so much more active than I have been lately. I had a few very stressful weeks at work, but I stayed up with my fitness and added in some more once the chaos calmed down.

I've been loving my weight bench (weight lifting has long been my favorite fitness activity).

I added in jogging and now I am in week two of the Couch to 5K running plan.

I am going to continue these activities into July and beyond, even though my July Challenge is shoe-related.  I will continue to post occasional updates about fitness because I'm worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.