Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February Self-Love Challenge


Stephen made me this label the year I gave him a label
maker for Christmas.


I have two challenges for February, and neither of them are photogenic.  Warning: this post may be rather discombobulated.

My first February challenge is to practice loving and caring for myself.  I love Stephen.  I love Wonton and Gadget and my mom and dad and sister and in-laws and friends.  I have no problem overlooking their flaws and accepting them wholly.  I have a very hard time loving myself.

There has been a lot of discussion over the past few years about the "healthy at any size" movement.  I am not as healthy as I was when I was thinner, but that doesn't mean I can't be healthier at this or any size   Self-hatred is unhealthy, no matter your size.  Your body deserves the same care and respect that you give to the other loved-ones in your life.

In order to work on loving and caring for myself, I've identified some ways to
A happier me.
Shake it like a Polaroid
picture.
I'm sure I will find more resources over the course of the month.  I'm new at this!

I find that affirmations like those found in Louise Hay's The Present Moment: 365 Daily Affirmations help me feel more positive.  I've been on kind of a negative bent lately, and I need some more lovely thoughts in my life.

Yoga helps me feel more aware of my physical presence, and helps me feel more "in" my body.

Belly dancing is fun, good exercise, and helps me bring the sexy back.

I also have a Super Secret February Challenge that I'll tell you about when I successfully complete it by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.