Friday, February 24, 2012

I'll Cut Your Mustard (A Crazy Post)

I'm going to get it out of the way and tell you I know I'm not wearing any mustard today.  It's not really a color that flatters me.  The title is in reference to a threat I made against myself this morning.  But I'll get to that.  This is a long and rambling post.  Consider yourself warned.  

Sometimes think that I'm slowly (or quickly) descending into madness.  I just hope when I get there it's the happy kind of madness and not the grouchy kind.  Today's madness all started with the weather yesterday.  It was 80 degrees here.  Beautiful.

There is no such thing as a candid picture with
a timer and tripod.

The weather prompted me to want to wear sandals/open-toed shoes and a skirt/dress with bare legs.  Then I lazily didn't shave my legs, so bare legs were out.  I decided to stick with slacks and sandals, but nothing I tried looked right because I really wanted a skirt and bare legs.  Eventually I ran out of time, and I had to wear what I was wearing.  That is how I ended up with this outfit.




Of course I could have just said, "I opted for a casual look this Friday."  You wouldn't have questioned me, but I am a stickler for the truth.  Sometimes the truth is crazy.

The shoes that started it all.


You'll know why he wants to get away
when you get to the bottom of the page.
Hint: it's chopping related.

Now, the madness: I had a fairly lengthy conversation with myself on whether or not I should bother photographing today's look.  No surprise, it was between the logical part of my brain and the compulsive part.  Here is the abridged version.


Logical: I don't think I'll photograph this outfit.


Compulsive: You have to.  We photograph our outfit every work day.  That's what we do.


Logical: This outfit lacks any discernible style or cohesive value.


Compulsive:  Maybe lack of discernible style is our style.


Logical:  No, no, I've put together a bunch of nice outfits.  This one doesn't cut the mustard.


Compulsive:  Give me the camera, or I'll cut your mustard.  Gimme gimme gimme.


Logical:  If only I had shaved my legs, I would be able to wear what I really want.


Compulsive:  (Shutter click. Shutter click.  Shutter click.)


Because it's not crazy until there's a
hatchet involved.  Or is it an ax?
All I know is that it's there if I'm feeling
choppy later.
I'm not the only crazy one in the house.

No surprise who won that argument.  In a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock compulsion beats logic every time.  Any time that the cost of losing to compulsion is low, anyway.

Oh, about the outfit: chambray shirt,  Liz Claiborne, thrifted; green tank, I'm not sure; slacks, Star City, Younkers; earrings, etsy; octopus necklace, purchased in Cozumel; sandals, Sofft, Younkers.
Image Credit: Jezebel.com
Freaking dinosaur necklace.


Moral of the story: if you are into shaving your legs when you wear dresses, don't be lazy or you will be driven insane by that laziness.  Obviously my brain and I are happy it's Friday and happy it's such a beautiful February here is Georgia.


On an unrelated note, I must find a necklace like the ones pictured right.




My affirmation of the day from Louise Hay's The Present Moment: 365 Daily Affirmations is: Peace begins with me.  The more peaceful I am inside, the more peace I have to share with others.  


Ummm.  I don't think I can comment on inner peace today.  See above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.