Thursday, February 16, 2012

Purple Rain

This is a lazy post.  Lazy title.  (I'm wearing purple.  It's raining.)  Lazy outfit.  (Wrap dress?  Lazy.  Layers?  Lazy and warm.  All one color?  Lazy.)  I don't have the energy for anything else today.  I have a headache that has been simmering my brain since yesterday afternoon.  I woke up late again.  When I saw it is raining I seriously considered going back to bed.  Whine whine whine.  Blah.
 

I think wrap dresses are one of the most effortless, comfortable things you can wear.  They feel like a bath robe, but look a lot more put together.  I dare you to try wearing your bath robe to work.  The uptight prudes you work with will definitely be more accepting of a wrap dress.  Wrap dresses are forgiving of little (or often big) shifts in weight.  The wrap and tie define the waist.  I have quite a few wrap dresses.  Most of mine are from Walmart.  Those are both inexpensive and generally flattering.  Thank you, wrap dresses of the world, for making it so easy to look like I care.
Only good pics of the day.
That's why I posted both of them.




















 Another secret to looking like you care?  Flashy accessories.  This giant necklace fits the bill.  It also doubles as armor.  
Awww.  It looks like I give a damn.

 Sweater, No Boundaries, Walmart; dress, George, Walmart; shoes, Graceland, Rack Room Shoes; earrings, Walmart; necklace, Claire's.

My affirmation of the day from Louise Hay's The Present Moment: 365 Daily Affirmations is: Changes can begin in this moment.  I am willing to change.


I am making a daily effort to stop torturing and start celebrating.  As much fun as torturing and criticizing myself is, it turns out that it's not all that productive.  That is the biggest change I am working on right now.  I am celebrating where I am and the progress that I've made rather belittling myself for not being where I think I should be.  For example, you may notice in the sidebar that I have added a Daily Mile widget.  I've logged .64 miles yesterday.  It is better than nothing.  I'm proud that I took that little step.  It's funny how often I'm saying this lately, both on this blog and in my head, but hating yourself is unhealthy at any size.  Love yourself.  You deserve it.  

1 comment:

  1. No. It's EASY, not lazy. Easy. Trust me. I'm an expert on lazy, oops, I mean easy dressing.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.