Thursday, February 9, 2012

Not All Rainbows and Unicorns

Today was a hell of a day.  It was a crying in the car on the way home from work day.  I went back and forth over whether or not I wanted to bother taking pictures, but obviously I decided to take them in the end.  I never managed to get makeup on.  This is Jeanne in the raw.

How could I have a bad day when I'm wearing mermaid earrings, a unicorn necklace and a pocket watch pendant?


Does ebay count as thrifted for Thursdays are for Thrifters?  I hope so.
 

Today at work I had a conversation with an older volunteer who was wearing a butterfly hair clip in her hair.  When I admired it she said she had stopped caring what other people think about her clothing.  I care, but I'm not bound by others' opinions.  
How could I have a bad day
when I'm wearing mermaids?
And unicorns?

Sweater, Mossimo, Target; button down, Eagle Landing, thrifted; necklaces and earrings, ebay; lilly of the valley ring, etsy; slacks, Worthington, Younkers; flats, American Eagle, Payless Shoes.
Spoon ring and pretty pink nails.

I painted my fingernails and toenails last night.  They are the same color my mom and I painted our nails over Christmas.  I can't wait to see my mom again.

Tomorrow will be better, right?


My affirmation of the day from Louise Hay's The Present Moment: 365 Daily Affirmations is: The past is over and cannot be changed.  This is the only moment I can experience.  


I know I have the tendency to think about the past and the future so much that I miss the present.  I think many people do.  The past is over.  I can't do anything about the future until it gets here.  If I do a good job right now the future will take care of itself.  


Don't forget, Thursdays are for Thrifters.

2 comments:

  1. I keep wondering what this spoon ring looks like. Can you post a closer picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate.
      You can see a close up of the ring here: http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.229410513.jpg
      It is made out of a silver teaspoon engraved with lilies of the valley.

      Delete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.