Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tag! I'm It!

Challenge Yourself.  Live Beautifully.  Love Your Life.

I've been contemplating a tagline for this blog, and this is what I've decided on for now.  You may have noticed it there under the blog title, but this is what it means to me.

This blog is my constantly evolving manifesto, and the three elements in the tagline evoke the path I'm taking and the destination I'd like to find.

This blog is a venue for me to...
  • Challenge myself.  Those challenges may be large and ambitious or small and vain.  The biggest challenge is to build a life filled with wonder, delight and purpose.
  • See the beauty around and within me.  I can be overwhelmingly hard on myself, and I tend to live in extremes.  Finding beauty and value within myself is an ongoing struggle, but the more intrinsic beauty I find in myself, the more beauty I can see in the world around me.  I don't necessarily mean "damn, I'm sexy!" beauty (though that is nice too).  I'm more interested in the beauty that comes with self acceptance and self love.  As I've said before, hating yourself is unhealthy at any size.  
  • Find the joy and appreciation to love my life.  Hopefully as I work on the first two steps the third will come naturally.  I have so much to love in my life; it is often just a matter of seeing it.  

I hope you still want to join me on this adventure.  You may have signed on for an outfit blog.  This is still largely an outfit blog, but, as I've been saying from the beginning, this is my blog.  I'll do and say what I want.  

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a lovely idea. And of course I'm coming along.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.