Friday, August 23, 2013

Deceptively Tasteful

Thank you, Kristin for the today's post title.  This is a tasteful outfit, right?  I am fully covered in conservative colors and silhouettes.  I accessorized with more conservative colors including a necklace bearing an affirmation: "My goal is to always come from a place of love."  That's a good goal, right?  I took this quote from RuPaul, emblazoned it on a piece of shrink plastic, and shaped the necklace around it.  On the back side of the pendant is the rest of that quote.  That's why all that tastefulness is deceptive.
 

Shirt, swapped; skirt, swapped; belt, BELT; shoes, SHOES; earrings, EARRINGS; necklace, handmade by me.
 

If we've met or if you've read this blog before, you may know that I consider Ru a philosopher for our time. He's right- my goal is to come from a place of love... but sometimes it becomes necessary to break it down.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice.
If you have trouble commenting or just feel like sending me an email, please email me at the address provided on the About I Dream of... {by Jeanne} page.